Building Permits and the Uniform Building Code (UDC)

In Jackson County, the local municipality is responsible for administration and enforcement of the Uniform Building Code (UDC).  A UDC Building Permit is required for the construction or placement of any new one or two family dwellings and additions or alterations to any home constructed after June 1, 1980. 

Municipal Building and Permit Policies:

Below are summaries of the individual municipal Building and Permit Policies.  Local regulations may require permits and inspections for other types of structures such as storage buildings, garages, agriculture structures, or accessory buildings.  Contact your local municipal clerk for information on the local Building Permit requirements. 

Town of Alma

Town of Bear Bluff

Town of Brockway

Town of City Point

Town of Curran

Town of Franklin

Town of Millston

Town of Northfield

Village of Hixton

Village of Taylor





UDC State Consultants Map of State Consultants
DSPS One & Two-Family Dwellings Department of Safety and Professional Services website with the detailed information and resources for the Uniform Dwelling Code for the Wisconsin homeowners.