Advance Directives

You may file your Power of Attorney for Health Care or Declaration to Physicians (Living Will) for safekeeping with the Register in Probate in the county in which you reside.    It is recommended that you keep a copy at your home and advise your family and family physician where the original is located.    There is a statutory filing fee of $8.00 per document.

See Chapter 154 and 155 of the Wisconsin Statutes for more information.