Before a person may adopt a child, it usually is necessary to terminate the parental rights of one or both of the child's parents. Contact the Clerk of Juvenile Court or Register in Probate in the County you reside for more information on the court procedure for Termination of Parental Rights. You may also visit the State of Wisconsin Department of Children & Families website for more information.

Click on the link listed below to be directed to the Wisconsin Court System forms by case type.

Adult Adoption Forms

Minor Child Adoption Forms

Request for Adoption Record

Adoption records are confidential and are closed to the public. Adopted persons or birth parents seeking information should contact:   
Adoption Record Search Program
PO Box 8916
Madison WI 53708-8916
Additional information is available online
Adult Adoption Guidelines The requirements for filing a petition for adult adoption.
Minor Child Adoption Guidelines The guidelines for filing a petition for minor child adoption.